Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

What I Miss

I am often asked, ”What do you miss about Africa when you are in the states?” It makes my heart beat faster just thinking of my African home. First and foremost I miss the people. The list of adjectives to describe the Burkinabé is a lengthy one. They are tenacious, hard-working, joyful, welcoming, family –centered, generous, strong and loyal. And this only scratches the top of the list.

I miss the women and babies.



Shh !
Boiling shea nuts


I miss their smiles and laughter.


What a smile
                                                                       

Smiler



                                                                    I miss their friendship and help.








I miss their ingenuity and resourcefulness.
Making peanut butter


And the list goes on and on !





No comments:

Post a Comment