Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day of Thanks

This is the day Americans gather with family and friends to reflect on the blessings of the past year and to give thanks. Today I experienced a unique Thanksgiving.

Our celebration was held in Bobo where Andrew and Esther opened their home to more than fifty people of various backgrounds and cultures. Some from Finland, Switzerland, America and Africa, all ministering here in Africa. Different people, different works yet a single goal, serving the spiritual and physical needs of the People of God in Burkina Faso.





We sang.We prayed and we feasted on turkey , stuffing, pumpkin pie and all the traditional foods of the holiday.

The main reason for the day, however, was to give thanks. And I have so much to be grateful for this year....my family, my friends, my community of sisters , donors back home , new friends in Africa and my teammate Ruth who daily provides encouragement and support.

Every day is a day to give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment